Proudly Serving the Town Of Tonawanda Since 1930

Carbon Monoxide Problem

On Friday 2/22/19 just after 6:00AM our firefighters were alerted for a possible carbon monoxide problem at a home on Cleveland Dr. A caller had reported coming home and finding multiple family members unresponsive in the house. Officers from the Town of Tonawanda Police Department arrived first and removed the residents to the outside. Chief Hallnan was first on scene and reported CO readings of appx. 500ppm at the door of the residence.Firefighters shut off gas to the residence, ventilated the house, and provided oxygen to a family pet. Four people were transported to area hospitals by our friends at the Town of Tonawanda Paramedics and Twin City Ambulance Corporation. The scene was turned over to the Town of Tonawanda Building Dept. and National Fuel for investigation.

Chief Hallnan would like to use this as an opportunity to remind all residents of the extreme importance of having an operational, up to date carbon monoxide detector in your home.